Ghana Pictured

Monday, March 18, 2013

Safely Home

... and I was told so by all who greeted me into the Country!

Customs -- "Welcome to Ghana, Sister!" Hotel Liaison, "Welcome Home" accompanied by a big hug. Hugging publicly is usually a no-no in this part of the world. I feel good, but a tad tired. Long flight... great start -- doubling my American money-Yippee!!!

Once I figure out all my electronic woes (getting everything linked and working). i will post photos and videos everyday. I forgot to bring a three-prong adapter. Ghana uses the British electric plug system. Oh, and there are no museums nor libraries. My Aunt Beverly would be surprised about that fact, as was I when told yesterday in our opening meeting.

I am awake and it is 6:30am on my 2nd day on Motherland soil. I have a phone number here, too. Thanks to my students who told me to keep my US phone on airplane mode and to Ms. Osonye, she suggested getting an old phone unblocked in the US and then to purchase a SIM card upon my arrival. I followed both suggestions and am connected by phone!!! Thank you.

More later, but for now...

My students, in my absence you must:

1. Post comments daily on this blog.
2. Spelling counts on each of your comments.
3. Ask at east one question per day.
4. Write a total of 5 lines per day.
5. Find a Ghanaian fact through some search engine, then posting the fact and hopefully I will be able to cross check what you have found while I am here.
6. Find an acceptable photo to post so that the girls of Archbishop Porter can interact with you as we begin our Ghanaian connections in Secondary Education.
7. Have Fun!



2 comments:

  1. Is there a place where you can learn about their history since there is no museum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. is you really leaving to Ghana??
    khaleeah byrd

    ReplyDelete